Stevenage Girls' Grammar School
Stevenage Girls' Grammar School opened in 1955 in temporary homes, first at Heathcote School for 2 years, then at The Grange until 1958, when it moved to its permanent site in Six Hills Way. In 1968 it moved to its final site in Valley Way, and was renamed the Girls' School. The first Head Teacher was Miss Margaret R. Osborn, who retired in July 1976. The school merged with Alleyne's School in 1989 to form The Thomas Alleyne School.