Alleyne's Grammar School
in the 1920s and 1930s
These photos are from Alleyne’s Grammar School, now known as The Thomas Alleyne School. The final picture shows a school play, of unknown date and title.
The school is still located on the original site where Thomas Alleyne (then Rector of Stevenage) founded the school in 1558. It has gone through a number of transformations down the centuries, and in the past 50 years it has changed from a boys’ grammar school to a mixed comprehensive school. It is now a specialist science college for 11 to 18 year olds.