In January 2019, Stories from The Gordon Craig, a project to make the theatre’s archive accessible was launched. It is led by Stevenage Arts Guild, supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund and delivered in partnership with The Gordon Craig Theatre and Stevenage Museum.
The project involves the following:
- Digitisation of as much material as possible and making available for online searching/viewing as much as possible
- Cataloguing the Gordon Craig Theatre archive which dates back to its opening in 1975
- Making this catalogue available online in a new website, https://www.thegordoncraigtheatrearchive.org.uk
- Posters, programmes, fliers, brochures, photographs and memories submitted via the website
- Public exhibition of posters and material June 2019 and Autumn 2019
If you’re interested in getting involved with the project, email the project here or phone Stevenage Museum on 01438 218881
To make an enquiry about using the archive for research purposes, please contact the project.