Stevenage Town Centre under construction in 1957

By Simon Mortimer

Stevenage Town Centre under construction in 1957
Stevenage Museum. P3775
This page was added on 07/01/2011.

Comments about this page

  • looks like st Andrews church in the back ground.
    Broom Barns school, slightly to the right.
    Road on the left Cuttys lane.
    Fox road cutting left to right in the forground,
    Off to the right between the trees Walden end

    By andrew briars (23/10/2017)
  • Can anyone identify anything in this interesting photo? Would it be Six Hills Way running from right to left at the top of the picture – if so, Monkswood Way is the road at top left and we would be looking at the site of the tall flats (The Towers?) or maybe the site of the original police station?

    By Sue Bradford (03/09/2017)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone