[King Pin], by Agnes Charles, of St Crispin Glass Studio
King Pin pub in Archer Road
By Pauline Maryan
This reinforced concrete and mosaic sculpture was placed outside the King Pin pub in Archer Road in 1965.
The sculpture was Agnes Elizabeth Charles (1906–1988). She studied at Royal Academy Schools, 1930, and Central London Polytechnic, 1952. Her business St Crispin’s Glass was based at her home in Codicote, Hertfordshire. Her work can be seen in churches in Codicote, Knebworth